This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you consent to our use of cookies unless you have disabled them.

eMag | Directory | TNT Travel Show 2017 | Events Search | TNT Jobs


You’ve been bitten by an eastern brown, one of the deadliest snakes in the world, and you think you’re about to die, what do you do?

Might as well grab a cold one from the fridge hey?

That’s exactly what Aussie Rod Sommerville did after the deadly and aggressive brown bit him in his garden while he was moving a few pots in Queensland last month.

After it nipped his finger, Rod smacked the scaly assassin on the head with a shovel, killing it, called an ambulance and grabbed a can of XXXX from the fridge, telling the Rockampton Morning Bulletin that “if you panic you make it worse”.

"I said to myself, if I'm going to cark it I'm going to have a beer, so I got a Goldie out of the fridge and drank that; 'cause you know eastern browns are the second most venomous snake in the world," he said

Rod, 54, who also left his teenage son asleep on the couch, was rushed to hospital where his ordeal continued when he had an allergic reaction to the anti-venom and ended up spending four days in intensive care.

“The reaction nearly killed me as well, so it was a double whammy,” Rod said.

He’s spent several weeks in hospital but is on the mend. 

Image: Youtube


Talkback


Aussie man grabs beer and hopes for the best after being bitten by deadly snake
Digital Mag

Latest News

Stay connected on social networks
Like us on Facebook
Follow TNT on Twitter