Follow Me on Pinterest
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you consent to our use of cookies unless you have disabled them.

eMag | Directory | TNT Travel Show 2017 | Events Search | TNT Jobs


Ryan Giggs has launched legal action against the News of the World over alleged phone hacking.

The Manchester United star has "issued proceedings" against the paper, a spokesman for law firm Schillings confirmed.

The News of the World said it would not comment.

It comes as claims were made that Rebekah Brooks, former editor of The Sun and the News of the World, was told by police that her voicemail had been illegally intercepted.

Father-of-two Giggs has been in the media spotlight after claims of affairs.

He was named in parliament as the married Premier League footballer who took out a super-injunction over allegations of a relationship with Imogen Thomas.

Since then, his brother Rhodri Gigg's wife Natasha has claimed she had an eight-year affair with Ryan Giggs.

Natasha claimed she also had sex with Giggs days after his wife Stacey gave birth to their two children.

She also alleged the player gave her £500 to have an abortion.

Giggs is the latest high-profile person to get caught up in the phone hacking scandal.

It comes a week after actress Sienna Miller accepted £100,000 in compensation from the News of the World for having her phone intercepted.

And the Sunday tabloid is still facing dozens of claims that it hacked the phones of celebrities and politicians as well as their families and friends.

Other alleged victims include actor Jude Law, interior designer Kelly Hoppen, Labour MP Chris Bryant, football agent Sky Andrew and player-turned-pundit Andy Gray.


Digital Mag

Latest News

Stay connected on social networks
Like us on Facebook
Follow TNT on Twitter