Q. I am currently an au pair in Denmark with an au pair visa which is valid until August 2011. I want to become an au pair in London in September. Can I just apply for youth mobility scheme for the UK, without going all the way back to Australia?

A. There should be no problem to obtain the UK Youth Mobility visa from Denmark without having to travel back to Australia. You simply need to complete an application form and send it to the Home Office (ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk) with copies of the required documents. Once the application is lodged, you will be asked to have your fingerprints taken, which you can do at the British Embassy in Copenhagen.

Get more info at 1stcontact.com

To ask a question about getting started or moving on email realitycheck@tntmagazine.com