The dreadful advert, featuring Button washing his hair in the shower and declaring “Wow, it’s bracing”, was followed closely by rugby player Gavin Henson’s uber-embarrassing dancing appearance in a Brit Bingo ad.
Also on the list of worst endorsements is Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker’s Eurostar ad and the Blackburn Rovers squad ad for club owners Venky’s chicken.
According to Campaign magazine, which compiled the list, the best advert of 2011 was made by the England rugby team for mobile phone company O2.
Here’s the full list.
Best celebrity ads
1. O2 (England rugby team)
2. Lucozade (Tinie Tempah plus others)
3. Save the Children (David Beckham plus others)
4. Coors Light (Jean Claude Van Damme)
5. Visa (Phillips Idowu and others)
6. Specsavers (Gordon Ramsay)
7. Aviva (Paul Whitehouse)
8. Kronenbourg 1664 (Madness)
9. Direct Line (Chris Addison/Alexander Armstrong)
10. Foster’s (Holly Valance)
Worst celebrity ads
1. Head & Shoulders (Jenson Button)
2. BritBingo (Gavin Henson)
3. Eurostar (Jarvis Cocker)
4. Just for Men (Luis Figo)
5. Bernard Matthews (Marco Pierre White and Martin Kemp)
6. Flora (Vernon Kay)
7. Venky’s (Blackburn Rovers)
8. Schweppes (Uma Thurman)
9. Very.co.uk (Diana Vickers)
10. Isme (Lynda Bellingham)