1. Drapers Bar, Bancroft Road, Mile End
When it first opened up in 2009, Drapers used to call itself the cheapest student bar in London. Now it’s just cheap on a Monday. Look out for ‘Monday’s Calling’ when pints become a super bargain at £1.50.
2. G-A-Y Bar, Old Compton Street, Soho
Gay or not, a pint’s a pint. Go to G A Y on a weekday to enjoy a pint of Carlsberg or Gaymers for £1.70.
3. SOAS Student’s Union, Russell Square, Bloomsbury
This place is always reliable. It is always £2.50 for a pint Carling. Midday, afternoon or late eve the price stays the same. Good live music too.
4. Gem Bar, Beak Street, Soho
£2.50 for Becks, 5-8pm everyday and 5-10pm on a Thursday.
5. The Yard Theatre, White Post Lane, Hackney
This gallery/theatre space sells 2 cans of beer for £5. Events are usually free and sometimes there are movie screenings as well. Steal.
6. Moonlightning, Greek Street, Soho
This venue on Greek Street is particularly popular with students because of its incredibly cheap mixers, but it’s still £3 for a can for Carlsberg.
7. Power Lunches, Kingsland Road, Dalston
£3 for a can of Red Stripe at this trendy venue in Dalston. Very good live music that can sometimes cost.