Here’s the science part – pheromones are the chemical triggers of sexual attraction in mammals. Pheromones determine fecundity; if you are attracted to someone’s pheromones it is an indicator that you two will have healthy offspring. While not confirmed, it is suspected that males smell availability and females smell genetic quality.
How the party works:
1. Guests are asked to sleep in a cotton t-shirt for three nights in a row to capture their odour print and bring this in a ziploc bag to the party.
2. Bags are labelled pink for girls, blue for boys. The bags are assigned a number and only the guest knows what their shirt’s number is.
3. Bags are placed on a table. Guests smell the bags at their leisure throughout the party.
4. If a guest finds the smell attractive, they take a picture with the bag. These pictures are projected as a slide show on the wall at the party.
5. If you see a guest you find attractive holding your number, this is the green light to talk to them!
6. At the end of the party, a facebook album is created and all of the pictures are tagged – so if you missed your match at the party, you can still contact them.
When: Tuesday, March 25 from 7.30pm
Where: 30- 31 Broadway Market London E8 4QJ
Advance tickets are £6, or £10 on the door. There are currently no tickets left for the girls, but there are plenty more for the guys! Click here for more information and to book