The man, who reportedly felt a burning sensation before realising the snake had emerged in the toilet bowl, was rushed to hospital but fortunately the small snake’s bite was not venomous.

He apparently “ran from the room in horror” following the bite, which occurred at the 35-year-old man’s parents home.

“This is the first time I’ve seen a snake bite like this,” a paramedic said, according to Your Jewish News. 

“Luckily, all tests seem fine and the man is feeling well.”

“The snake was not poisonous. The man is currently under observation pending additional test results and as soon as we get the results, he will be able to go home.”

The majority of Israel’s snake species are non-poisonous, said The Times of Israel.