Like it or not, winter is on its way. Whilst we can’t do a lot about the British weather, we can help you stay warm with some great cold-weather clothes to get you through this chilly time of year.
First off we want to tell you about a brand you may not have heard of, Finisterre. They’ve been keeping the cold away from surfers who don’t see the water temperatures around the British Isles as a major reason not to go surfing and have made a real name for themselves in the UK surfing community. Now with grander aspirations to keep more of the world warm, they have expanded their product range to meet the needs of normal people too. Finisterre has a great ethos to sustainability and you’ll find a lot of their products have pretty impressive green credentials using recycled fabrics or sustainable materials. You can check out their whole range here www.finisterre.com
The Nimbus Jacket is an insulated jacket perfect for chilly UK winter days. Made from windproof and water resistant materials and recycled polyester and recycled prima loft eco filling this is a stylish yet eco-friendly product.
This is a brilliant lightweight jacket suitable for most of what winter can throw at you. It’s not totally waterproof only water resistant, so would need to be paired with a waterproof layer if it got really nasty.
Features include –
– Water resistant, windproof, breathable part-recycled ripstop shell
– PrimaLoft® Silver Eco recycled insulation fill Synthetic fill retains 75% of its warmth when wet, whereas down fill only retains 15% of its warmth when wet
– YKK Vislon zip
– Drawcord adjustable hood and adjustable drawcord hem
– Welt handwarmer pockets
– Elasticated cuffs
– Microfibre lined pockets and collar
– Lightweight and packable, packs away into inside zip pocket
The waterproof 3 for All jacket from Royal Robbins is perfect for those British days when it’s both cold and wet and boasts great warmth and waterproof features. It also benefits from having an inner and outer jacket which can both be worn on their own or together, so you are getting great value for your money with this one.
Royal Robbins are no strangers to the cold and have been producing hard-working clothes since 1968. Founded by Royal Robbins and his wife Liz both keen climbers and explorers, the brand has been serving the adventure community for many years.
We love this jacket, it really can cope with everything winter can throw at it. It’s warm, and waterproof, and flexible with the removable inner to meet all the weather situations you could ever find yourself in. The quality of this jacket is really good and despite being an all-weather jacket it’s got a soft brushed cotton feel so looks less like a technical jacket despite its weather-beating credentials.
The inner jacket on its own is a stylish quilted jacket and works just fine as a stand-alone garment.
Features include –
– 3 jackets in one – wear as an insulated, waterproof jacket, as a shell, or wear the Timberline Jacket liner on its own.
– State of the art eco-friendly, non-fluorinated DWR technology keeps water out.
– Breathable 3k/3k outer shell keeps the adventurer comfortable in all conditions with adjustable drawstring hood and sleeve cuffs.
– Zip out liner attaches to shell with center-front zippers and snap loops at the cuffs and neck.
– Pocket system features 2 hand pockets, 1 exterior zippered chest pocket and 1 interior secured mobile phone pocket.
– Lining features Anti Odour technology
The whole range is fabulous, check out their durable winter shirts like the performance stretch flannel shirt is a great base layer to keep you warm through the winter.
With odour control, quick dry and wrinkle resistant fabric it’s the perfect shirt for winter travels.
This shirt is a perfect match for winter with a soft warm feel to it. It’s well made and very comfortable to wear and benefits from some great travel-friendly features which make it stand out from the crowd.
Features include –
– Active Fit
– Ultra-soft hand flannel with a back chimney vent and quick-dry breathability
– Core winter traveler shirt – weightless warmth and easy care
– Active fit combined with stretch and articulated sleeves makes for a clean fit plus range of motion
– Anti Odor technology keeps the adventurer odour free
– Hidden zippered chest pocket for travel essentials
– bluesign® approved fabric