As the cost-of-living rises, it’s no wonder that many are turning to innovative ways to earn extra income. From walking apps to weight loss challenges, these five apps offer opportunities to make money while incorporating simple tasks into your daily routine. Not only can they help boost your bank balance, but they also offer potential for creating content and building a following.
1. WeWard. With this free app, which isn’t just another fitness app, it’s a fun and interactive way to get rewarded for doing what you already do – walking! With WeWard, every step you take earns you ‘Wards’ that you can redeem for cash, gifts or even charity donations. Plus, you get access to amazing deals and offers from top sports, beauty and nutrition brands, and earn more Wards for each pound you spend. Not only does WeWard help you earn extra cash, but it also helps you make a positive impact on the environment by reducing carbon emissions and promoting a healthier lifestyle. With over 10 million users already on board and a 24% increase in daily walking, it’s clear that WeWard is the way to go for anyone looking to make a difference and earn money while they’re at it.
2. Airtasker. This platform is for those looking for a side-hustle. It connects people who need to outsource tasks and find local services, with those who are looking to earn money. From simple to complicated tasks, Airtasker can help with home cleaning, handyman jobs, admin work, photography, graphic design or even build a website. To date, there are more than 2.1 million people using this app and more than $382 million worth of jobs have been created. Users start by posting their task with details of where and when and suggest a fair budget, they get to review the profiles of those who have answered the task. Some users have talked about having generated more than £2,000 a month and using the money to buy their first home.
3. Checkout Smart. Earn cashback with every trip to the supermarket. Users buy a selection of eligible products featured by the app, then simply upload a photo of their receipt to get credited with the cashback. Users say it’s great for alcohol purchases and has a lot of seasonal offers, and coupons. The company agrees on offers with the big retailers such as Sainsbury’s and Tesco and passes these on to the consumer. Current offers include specified Kellogg’s cereals, Yorkshire Tea, Starbucks coffee and Bistro Gravy Granules.
4. Shoppix. This app offers tokens in exchange for answering short surveys on shopping experiences and taking pictures of receipts in the app. Users can upload 30 receipts a week and gain 30 tokens per receipt. These can be converted into vouchers for retailers such as Amazon, ITunes or Love2Shop. Alternatively, they can be exchanged for cash. Shoppix users are also awarded electronic scratch cards in the Shoppix app to win bonus tokens. These are given for completing surveys and snapping or forwarding receipts in consecutive weeks. The data gathered from each receipt is used to provide insights into consumer behaviours.
5. Healthywage. A weight loss app with a difference! Leading academic research shows that dieters are up to five times more likely to lose weight if they have the chance to win money for shedding the pounds. Called HealthyWage, this app uses cash-based weight-loss challenges designed to encourage perseverance. The prize amount depends on several factors that users decide, including their weight loss goal. They only receive their prize if they achieve their goal by the end of their specified weight-loss competition. The average prize for winners is $1,331 but prizes go up to $10,000.