This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you consent to our use of cookies unless you have disabled them.

eMag | Directory | TNT Travel Show 2017 | Events Search | TNT Jobs


Security has been ramped up for Olympic Games opening ceremony director Danny Boyle after clashes with the Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS).

Boyle, director of Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionaire, is at the helm of next Friday £27m ceremony, but The Guardian has reported major friction between the internationally respected filmmaker and the OBS.

The Guardian’s unnamed source told the newspaper Boyle was unable to get cameras in certain positions and cited a lack of co-operation from OBS. Rehearsal time had been reduced and participants were miserable, the source said.

It is understood Boyle was not keen on using a sports crew to film his work of art, instead preferring a ‘light entertainment’ feel.

" At the moment he can't get the shots he wants,” the source said.

“It is stopping him from doing the great show he thinks he can do. He is not filming a sporting event. He is a creative and he is trying to create something that is like a drama, which is why he brought in his own people."



Talkback


 Opening Ceremony director Danny Boyle given extra security following clashes with broadcasters
Digital Mag

Latest News

Stay connected on social networks
Like us on Facebook
Follow TNT on Twitter