The RMT announced the news after talks with the drivers, the union said "all objectives" had been reached and... Read more...
24th Sep 2012 12:37pm | By Editor
An illness sharing characteristics with the 2003 SARS virus has been discovered in a 49 year old man in the UK and has already killed another man in the Middle East.
The man had been transferred to a London hospital from Qatar where he was infected and is the second person to be confirmed infected with the coronavirus after a man in Saudi Arabia was infected with and subsequently died from the virus.
“In the light of the severity of the illness that has been identified in the two confirmed cases, immediate steps have been taken to ensure that people who have been in contact with the UK case have not been infected, and there is no evidence to suggest that they have,” head of the respiratory diseases department at the UK’s health Protection Agency, Prof Jon Watson has said.
The man was admitted to intensive care in Doha earlier this month and was flown to London on September 11.
No travel restrictions have yet been put into place.