As 29-year-old Jackson Scott answered the call of nature in the dark at a remote Tasmanian farm, an extremely poisonous tiger snake left up to give him a nip he’ll never forget.,
“I went into the garden at four in the morning after a night in the pub to save flushing the toilet, because water is precious in the outback,” the Glaswegian recounted. “Just as I finished … it bit me.”
He woke his mate, who drove him to a hospital in Hobart, where medics administered antivenom.
He praised the doctors and nurses for not teasing him, saying they were “very professional”.
A similar incident made headlines across Australia in 2008 when a deadly brown snake bit a tourist’s penis while he made a roadside restroom stop in a remote area northwest of Cairns, Queensland.
He also survived after being rushed to hospital.