If you still haven’t booked your ticket to the TNT Travel Show, you can get involved here.
Whether you need tips on how to survive on a shoestring or fancy yourself as the next big travel photographer, we have an exciting programme of speakers who are sure to get your creative juices flowing (easy now). A new talk will begin each hour in the TNT Seminar Room, and STA will be bringing in some big names on the day. Click here for the full schedule. Here’s a sample of what you can learn…
How to…take amazing travel pics
Nigel Wilson runs photography workshops on learning to use your SLR (properly!), taking night shots and travel photography. TNT has attended one of Nigel’s courses and can highly recommend it. He will change the way you capture images forever. At Nigel’s seminar you will learn:
– How to ‘make’ a photograph instead of just ‘taking’ one
– Understanding the transformative power of light
– The big three questions you should always be asking
– How to ‘work’ a subject.
– How to avoid common travel photography mistakes.
How to…write a travel blog
Zoë Dawes has been a travel blogger for many years. In 2011 she won ‘Britain’s Best Travel Blogger’ and she is a regular contributor for Visit Britain and Laterooms.com. She regularly gives talks on all aspects of blogging in the UK and overseas.
She is tailoring her talk for beginners who want to keep an online travel journal to share with family and friends back home. In her talk Zoë will share:
– How to identify key elements to create a successful travel blog
– How to identify your own blogging ‘voice’
– How to tell a story and engage your audience
– Top tips on using social media to share your message
– Travel blogging dos and don’ts
How to…survive a crazy festival
Nic Cooper, known as ‘Coops’, is from Radical Travel, which owns Busabout, HAGGIS Adventures and Shamrocker. Covering Europe’s top festivals, Coops is a seasoned pro and is at the TNT Travel Show to bestow his infinite wisdom on surviving a festival. Although some dangers, it appears, can’t be avoided; Coops tells us he once got a black eye at La Tomatina after being hit in the face by, wait for it…a carrot. Coops will cover:
– The need-to-knows about the craziest festivals in Europe,including Pamplona, La Tomatina and Oktoberfest
– The dos and don’ts on how to behave, as well as safety and local customs
– Tips to get you through from opening day to the closing festival – particularly for epic fests such as Oktoberfest, which involves 16 days of solid drinking.
How to…save money on your travels
Jared Jesner is the co-founder for WeSwap, a currency exchange site which enables travellers to swap currencies with each other, offering a better rate than if you bough tit from a bank, at the airport, or put it on your card. An experienced traveller, Jared will also be sharing his other top money-saving tips. Jared’s talk will cover:
– Remembering to pack your bag properly. Recent research by WeSwap revealed that British holidaymakers have racked up a bill of more than £158.2 million in unnecessary card charges this year just from buying replacement items forgotten in the last-minute packing rush
– How to budget your money wisely and realistically to avoid extra costs while travelling
– Why you should get a Prepaid card, which you can top up, rather than use a credit or debit card
– The importance of negotiating and comparing prices abroad – it ain’t play money y’know!
– How, if you find a friend abroad to exchange cash with,WeSwap won’t charge you any fees to simply swap your currencies online
We have travel deals for all budgets over at TNT Tour Search. Why not take a look here?
Image credit: Thinkstock