‘It was disgusting. My first horrific thought was: Is it used?’ Mai Liang told Metro.
Things then took an even more stomach-churning turn when the owner of the restaurant, Yi Ze Teng, who was convinced she was being swindled, decided to swallow the condom to end the matter.
She had accused the diners of popping the prophylactic into their food to blag a free meal.
However, even though Ms Ze Teng swallowed the condom, Ms Liang is speaking to a lawyer in a bid to get compensation.
Image credit: Twitter/New York Daily News