A magnificent second quarter blitz paved the way for the Silver Ferns to extract sweet revenge over England in the third and deciding netball test.

The 61-22 win reflected their winning margin of the first test and came with the team under huge pressure following England’s upset win in the second test on Wednesday.

New Zealand came into the match hurting after England ambushed them 40-38 in Dunedin.

Both teams came out firing, but it was the Silver Ferns who hit a five-goal streak early on to take the lead.

There was more resolve in the centre court despite coach Ruth Aitken’s carefully laid plans hitting an unforeseen snag before the match.

Pivotal midcourter Julie Seymour pulled up with an achilles tendon injury in training this morning so Laura Langman took over at centre and also assumed the captaincy.

Maree Bowden consequently started at wing attack, with Liana Barrett-Chase coming in on the bench.

In the other major change, Aitken moved ace shooter Irene van Dyk back to her more favoured goal shoot position with Maria Tutaia starting at goal attack.

In contrast, England coach Sue Hawkins had the luxury of starting with the same seven who did the job for her in Dunedin.

With Langman at her shoulder, Bowden showed real grit and drive, running her heart out for all four quarters.

Van Dyk, after shooting a disappointing 78 percent in the second test, showed her class with the elusive 100 percent game, sinking all 41 of her attempts on goal.

Both teams were guilty of turning over too much possession early on, an indication of some intense midcourt defensive pressure as much as poor handling.

But with the Silver Ferns punching through the midcourt on attack, and with Casey Williams spearheading a ferocious defensive circle effort, the New Zealanders ground out a 14-8 lead at the end of the first quarter.

The news worsened for England in the second spell as New Zealand poured on the pressure, raking up 15 goals on end and keeping England scoreless for more than 10 minutes.

An excellent team through-court zone defence saw the English midcourt become increasingly panic-stricken and patternless.

Their shooters only got the ball four times in the entire 15-minute spell, and managed just two goals to go into the halftime break down 10-36.

Pamela Cookey at goal attack was well shut down, coming off shortly after England scored their first goal of the quarter.

Rachel Dunn came on at goal shoot, while Louisa Brownfield moved out to goal attack.

Halftime saw Hawkins ring the changes, as captain Karen Atkinson moved to centre and Jo Binns came on at wing attack while Clarke moved to wing defence in place of Ama Agbeze.

A slower third quarter, and a more cohesive English midcourt defence, meant New Zealand had to work harder to find their shooters, but they still went in the final stanza ahead 50-16.

Aitken brought on goal attack Paula Griffin for the final quarter, while Leana de Bruin took the court for Sheryl Scanlan and would have been pleased to see the pair slot in with ease.