A maid found both of the bodies when she was doing her routine cleaning rounds in Park Plaza, Bangkok.

The mens’ bodies were found on Thursday next to some white powder.

 “At the initial autopsy the forensic doctor said they died from a drug overdose,” said a Thai policeman to AFP.

Tests are due to be carried out on the powdery substance in the room.

Two women also died this summer from an overdose of DEET, which was thought to be in a drink they consumed the night before.

Also this summer a French a British tourist died during a fire in a nightclub in Phuket.

With the recent political turmoil, flooding and tragic deaths of foreigners Thailand’s tourist industry may suffer.

Picture: Getty