This is the second time in two weeks that Darwin residents have had to be taken to hospital after ingesting the drug.
One man was taken to intensive care and the other three were treated by staff.
Health professionals have warned against taking the drug, as it contains highly toxic ingredients known as bath salts.
Speaking to ABC News, Detective Superintendant Peter Shiller said: “You certainly don’t want to be putting this in your body. It’s nothing new – this Snapchat is a new logo, [but] it’s the same poison.”
The drug’s side effects are rather unpleasant – Northern Territory chief medical officer Steven Skov stated that it was an amphetamine, and that it makes people very aggressive.
“With these types of drugs, there is a potential to have a heart attack – to have something called malignant hyperthermia where you essentially cook your brain,” he said.
Image credit: Twitter/@HENBIMSWORTH