His fancy Barbecoa butcher’s shop in St Paul’s closed for 24 hours after health inspectors found it was serving mouldy meats in the expensive restaurant upstairs.

The restaurant, with the same name, was also found serving pricey cuts of Wagyu beef long past their use-by dates.

Public health officials gave the shop a ‘hazardous’ score of 1/5, reporting mouse dropping, poor hand-washing facilities and dirty meat slicers.

Both the butcher and restaurant specialise in hearty steaks and claim to dry-hang meats for up to 70 days. It’s a swanky affair where meals can easily creep up to £100 per person.

Jamie is sticking to his guns though, saying that mould is natural and safe to eat. He hasn’t confirmed whether the same can be said of the mice.

Image credit: Getty