The Food Standards Agency has warned the public about Loyd Grossman’s korma sauce.
The Korma sauce has been fully recalled, and removed from shop shelves following the scare.
A batch of the Loyd Grossman sauce was confirmed by the agency as responsible for the poisoning of two members of the same family. They had eaten from the same jar of the sauce, made in Scotland.
It is believed the botulism was contained to only the one jar of the curry sauce, which was contaminated with the bacteria Clostridium botulinum, but the FSA is advising people not to eat products from the whole batch as a precautionary measure.

%TNT Magazine% korma

Botulism food poisoning is a life-threatening condition caused by a bacterium which produces a toxin that attacks the nervous system. It is contracted by eating foods contaminated with the bacteria and can affect people of any age.
Symptoms include blurred vision, drooping eyelids, slurred speech, difficulty swallowing and a dry mouth, and usually occur within 12 and 36 hours of eating affected foods.
It can be easily treated if a hospital is notified early, although full recovery can take several months.
The infection is not contagious and so cannot be spread from person to person.
The affected batch of sauces are the 350g Loyd Grossman korma sauce with a best-before date of February 2013 and batch code 1218R 07:21.
In a statement, the FSA said: “The Food Standards Agency is advising people not to consume specific jars of Loyd Grossman Korma sauce. This is because of the risk of botulism poisoning.
“Only one jar from the batch is known to have been contaminated with the bacteria Clostridium botulinum, which causes botulism, but the Agency is advising people not to eat products from this batch as a precautionary measure.”