Former News of the World editor Rebekah Brooks should resign as News International executive said Milly Dowler’s parents, who think she should stand down in light of the fact that she was editor of the paper while the worst phone hacking offense took place.
Speaking after the Dowlers met deputy prime minster Nick Clegg, their lawyer, Mark Lewis, said Brooks should take editorial responsibility.
Last week when it was reported that in 2002 the News of the World had hacked the mobile phone of 13-year-old murder victim Milly Dowler.
Allegedly, messages were deleted from Milly’s phone, giving her parents false hope that she was still alive and hindering the police enquiry.
Brooks has insisted she was unaware of the hacking.
Dowler’s family are due to meet Ed Miliband on Tuesday, with a meeting scheduled with prime minister David Cameron on Wednesday.