Hosted by SubBass tutors and industry professionals Lizzie Curious and Fabio Lendrum, the event will take place on 7th March, between 12pm – 2pm. It will showcase working with vocals within dance music, covering recording, comping, mixing, sampling and FX.
Using vocals in your dance tracks creates a human connection that makes your track unique and easily recognisable and can help your music reach an anthem status.
This open day marks the launch of a new vocal production weekend course at SubBass, commencing on 25th April. The bespoke weekend course takes you through all the vital elements of vocal production using a highly interactive and hands-on method.
Overview of the session:
- Welcome & introduction.
- Microphone techniques – do’s and dont’s in a studio set-up for vocal recording.
- Brief overview of condenser and dynamic microphones.
- The importance of working with vocalists in the studio.
- Recording different styles of vocal.
- Working with a vocalist remotely – the pros & cons.
- Vocal comping, arranging and editing.
Tickets to the open day are completely free but you must register here to reserve a place. Spaces are limited so get your skates on to make the most of this opportunity.
If you have any questions about this open day or courses at SubBass Academy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 20 7593 0435.
For more info on the vocal production weekend course or to book a space, click here