Enlisting the help of people already working within the sector, the organisation is asking people to upload 15-second videos of why they love their jobs in the sector in order to win a cash prize of $1,000. Runners up will receive prizes of $500 and $250.
The WTTC is worried that negative preconceptions about working in travel and tourism will put off graduates, and aims to change that.
“Graduates need to be moved away from always only considering banking or finance or law as careers with opportunities for progression and security and see travel and tourism as an excellent career option,” said David Scowsill, president and CEO of the WTTC.
The video below outlines what you’ve got to do, but it basically just involves answering one of the following questions in 15 seconds:
1) How or why did you decide to start a career in the T&T industry?
2) What has been the most fulfilling (or inspiring) moment in your T&T career?
3) Who has been most influential to you in your T&T career?
4) Why would you recommend a career in T&T to someone?
5) How has a career in T&T affected/changed your life?
6) What was the most interesting/challenging job (or moment) in your career?
When you’ve uploaded your video to Instagram, tag @WTandTC and hashtag #TourismMatters for a chance to win a prize.
T&Cs can be found here.
Image credit: Tourism Matters / YouTube