Tomasz Paczkowski was watching boxing on television and having a few relaxing beers when he decided that he would do a spot of ironing in order to take a load off of his wife and win himself some brownie points in the process. 

While it’s fair to say that Mr Paczkowski had probably had a few it was not the effects of the alcohol that caused him to accidentally scald his face.

“Trouble was, I then got so involved in the boxing that I wasn’t really thinking about what I was doing,” he said.

“So when the phone rang I picked up the iron by mistake and pressed it to my ear.

Yes that’s right, the 32 year old from Elbag in Poland mistook the clothes iron for his telephone.

“I really don’t know how I could make such a silly mistake. But I guess it proves men are not able to multitask as well as many women can.”

While Mr Paczkowski’s may have been acting with good intentions the incredible stupidity he’s displayed here is truly breathtaking.

There was a time in human history when the criminally negligent and insane would have things branded into them as a warning to others. 

It seems that now, in the 21st century they’re doing it themselves.