The woman from Sydney was taken to hospital in a stable condition, a spokeswoman of New South Wales (NSW) Ambulance was quoted as saying, adding that paramedics had responded to a number of shocks from mobile phone chargers this year.

Inspector John Brotherhood said it only took a small shock to interfere with your heart, reports Gadgets.ndtv.

“Basically, if the jolt moves you, if it takes your breath away or if it’s at all a cause for concern, you need to get it checked out,” he said.

Apple has already announced it will investigate claims that an iPhone electrocuted a Chinese flight attendant.

Image via Getty